The goal of Hoya Kids Learning Center is to provide a high quality, developmentally appropriate early childhood program and high quality care for all children enrolled in our Center. Therefore, we shall endeavor:
- To provide a healthy, safe, nurturing environment;
- To provide an environment which encourages emotional, social, physical, and intellectual development;
- To encourage the development of a positive self-image for each child;
- To provide learning experiences through discovery, exploration, and hands-on activities;
- To make learning fun so that children will develop a love of books and a desire to be lifelong learners;
- To encourage language development, creativity, and an appreciation of fine arts;
- To provide opportunities so children can appreciate the beauty and nature of the world in which they live, and can learn how to practice wise conservation of natural resources;
- To encourage children in learning how to interact successfully with other children and adults, and how to live together in a cooperative environment which promotes decision-making, peaceful resolution of conflicts, and respect for and care of others; and
- To form a cooperative partnership with parents so that we can work together to meet the needs of each child.
We believe that each child is a special and unique individual. Our Center has areas designed to meet the specific requirements of a variety of different developmental age levels. Hoya Kids Learning Center is staffed by trained, educated teachers and care givers who love and respect children and provide the best environment and activities to meet our goals.
Hoya Kids Learning Center follows guidelines established by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). The ratio between staff and children and the group size does not exceed the following NAEYC guidelines:
- 18 months to 2½ years (Busy Bees) – 1:4 with a group size of 8 or less
- 2½ years to 3½ years (Buttercups) – 1:6 with a group size of 12 or less
- 3½ years to 5 years (Koalas) – 1:9 with a group size of 18 or less